Tired of sitting through cookie-cutter professional development seminars that promise a lot yet deliver platitudes? Starting a new role? Feeling stuck, unmoored, or unsure about your direction and what comes next? Have some professional development money but aren’t sure how to use it?
Loup designed Your StoryEngine especially for professionals who…
- Want to change sectors or roles
- Are returning from family leave
- Just got laid off
- Are transitioning from a fellowship, post-doc, or graduate program
- Are starting at a new organization and need introducing to staff, board, and clients
We help you define your purpose and tell your career story
Using structured conversation and reflective practices, we help you surface the insights and experiences that illuminate your personal mission, show your values, and demonstrate your career arc.
The result: a sense of clarity and great content to boost your online presence, speak confidently about your accomplishments, and decide what’s next.
How it works
1. Discovery conversation. We start with a discovery conversation. We’ll ask you to tell us more about where you’re at right now, what kinds of dynamics you’re facing, and what you might want to achieve. This initial conversation is followed by an email where we summarize what we heard, and an invitation to schedule an hour-long dialogue. Schedule my discovery conversation »
2. Surface your story through dialogue. Using an open-ended Q&A format, we conduct an in-depth dialogue. This conversation will serve as the foundation for our work together — even though you may end up using only some of the emerging ideas and examples.
3. Debrief and initial ideas. We will present you with ideas to use to get to the goals identified in our conversations. Together, we’ll develop a plan for reflection, ideation, and concrete outputs that are aligned with your budget. If you choose to end the process here, you keep the audio file from your in-depth dialogue.
4. Reflect and ideate. Together, we debrief our conversation and explore ways to use what has emerged to advance your learning and professional development.
5. Make a plan. We send you a list of recommendations and options — next steps based on your goals. This could include coaching, the development of a career promotion kit, or a creative collaboration with Loup to advance your work (examples: help writing a series of blog posts, developing curriculum, or preparing a book proposal).
Our discovery conversation and email follow up are complimentary. If you decide to move forward with the in-depth dialogue, the cost is $350 and includes an audio file, a summary of what we heard, and some initial ideas of directions you may want to explore.
If you want to continue with reflection, ideation, and planning then the cost will vary between $2000 and $5000, based on the complexity of what the Loup team will produce with and for you. A refresh of your LinkedIn profile, for example, would fall on the lower end of this scale, whereas a customized website or a series of coaching sessions would be on the higher end. At each step, you’ll be able to choose the options that feel best for you.